Popular Posts

BUZZSPROUT EPISODES

Sunday, September 4, 2016

SUBJECT AND PREDICATE


SUBJECT AND PREDICATE
Identify the subject and the predicate in the following sentences.
1. The sun was shining brightly.
2. The dogs were barking loudly.
3. The pretty girl was wearing a blue frock.
4. My younger brother serves in the army.
5. The man and his wife were working in their garden.
6. My mother and my aunt are trained classical dancers.
7. You don’t have to wait for me.
8. We will no longer tolerate this.
9. The little tree was covered with needles instead of leaves.
10. A rich merchant was passing by the shoemaker’s window.
Answers
1. The sun (subject) / was shining brightly (predicate).
2. The dogs (subject) / were barking loudly (predicate).
3. The pretty girl (subject) / was wearing a blue frock (predicate).
4. My younger brother (subject) / serves in the army (predicate).
5. The man and his wife (subject) / were working in their garden (predicate).
6. My mother and my aunt (subject) / are trained classical dancers (predicate).
7. You (subject) / don’t have to wait for me (predicate).
8. We (subject) / will no longer tolerate this (predicate).
9. The little tree (subject) / was covered with needles instead of leaves (predicate).
10. A rich merchant (subject) /was passing by the shoemaker’s window (predicate).


No comments:

Post a Comment