Popular Posts

BUZZSPROUT EPISODES

Monday, January 30, 2017

GENERAL GRAMMAR EXERCISE (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL)


GENERAL GRAMMAR EXERCISE (INTERMEDIATE LEVEL)
Complete the following sentences using an appropriate word or phrase.
1. The older I get, ……………… I am.
a) the happy
b) the happier
c) happier
d) happy
2. Your accent is ………………… in the class.
a) worst
b) the worst
c) worse
3. I stayed an extra night so that I …………………. see Ann.
a) can
b) could
c) may
4. While I ………………. a shower, I slipped on the floor.
a) am having
b) was having
c) had
5. The man …………………. she married was an old friend of mine.
a) that
b) whom
c) Either could be used here
6. The house ……………….. I live is very small.
a) that
b) where
c) Either could be used here
7. There is the girl ……………….. works with my sister.
a) who
b) whom
c) Either could be used here
8. The road is getting …………………….
a) more steep and more steep
b) steeper and steeper
c) more and more steep
9. I have got …………………. than I used to have.
a) less energy
b) lesser energy
c) least energy
10. She likes music, and ………………..
a) so I
b) so do I
c) I so
Answers
1. The older I get, the happier I am.
2. Your accent is the worst in the class.
3. I stayed an extra night so that I could see Ann.
4. While I was having a shower, I slipped on the floor.
5. The man that/ whom she married was an old friend of mine.
6. The house where I live is very small.
7. There is the girl who works with my sister.
8. The road is getting steeper and steeper / more and more steep.
9. I have got less energy than I used to have.
10. She likes music, and so do I.


No comments:

Post a Comment