Popular Posts

BUZZSPROUT EPISODES

Thursday, January 19, 2017

TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DOING


TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DOING
To say that you are interested in doing something or to say that you want to do something, you can use the expression ‘I would like to..’ or ‘I feel like…’
I would like to + (verb)
The structure ‘I would like to’ is used to talk about things you are interested in doing.
·         I’d like to be the next Prime Minister.
·         I’d like to become a scientist.
·         I’d like to learn the piano.
·         I’d like to invite him to dinner.
·         I’d like to meet the manager.
·         I’d like to take a look at the house.
I would like can be followed by a noun. This structure is used to talk about things we would like to have.
·         I’d like some tea.
·         I’d like an answer.
·         I’d like some rest.
·         I’d like some advice.
I feel like + (verb-ing)
‘Feel like’ can mean ‘want’ or ‘would like’. After ‘feel like’, you can use a noun or an –ing form.
·         I feel like a drink. (= I would like a drink.)
·         I feel like going to the beach. (= I would like to go to the beach.)
·         I feel like singing. (= I want to sing.)
·         I feel like reading a novel.
·         I felt like crying. (= I wanted to cry.)
You can use the expression ‘don’t feel like’ to talk about things you don’t want to do.
·         I don’t feel like leaving yet. (= I don’t want to leave yet.)
·         I don’t feel like going out with him. (= I don’t want to go out with him.)
·         I don’t feel like talking about it. (= I don’t want to talk about it.)
This structure can also be used to talk about your fears and concerns.
·         I don’t feel like we are doing the right thing. (= I don’t think that we are doing the right thing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment