Popular Posts

BUZZSPROUT EPISODES

Monday, June 5, 2017

Grammar Exercise –“If” or “Unless”

Image result for if
Grammar Exercise –“If” or “Unless”
We use ‘if’ to express a condition – something that must happen first so that something else can happen. Unless has a similar meaning to if not.
Complete the following sentences using unless or if.
1. You will lose your driving license, ....................... you get caught drinking and driving.
if
unless
2. ......................... you don't diet, you will not lose weight.
If
Unless
3. I will take the job ........................ the pay is too low.
if
unless
4. .......................... you don't quit smoking, you will fall ill.
If
Unless
5. I won't be able to launch my business ........................ I get the loan.
if
unless
6. .......................... you don't leave my place, I will call the police.
If
Unless
7. ........................... she is late, we will go without her.
If
Unless
8. You will look nicer ........................... you don't wear too much make-up.
if
unless
9. ......................... he gets caught he will be imprisoned.
If
Unless
10. .................................... he mends his ways, he will land himself in serious trouble.
Unless
If
11. Let's go for a walk - .......................... you are too tired.
unless
if
12. ........................... she helps, we are going to be in real trouble.
Unless
If
Answers
1. You will lose your driving license, if you get caught drinking and driving.
2. If you don’t diet, you will not lose weight.
3. I will take the job unless the pay is too low.
4. If you don’t quit smoking, you will fall ill.
5. I won’t be able to launch my business unless I get the loan.
6. If you don’t leave my place, I will call the police.
7. If she is late, we will go without her.
8. You will look nicer if you don’t wear too much make-up.
9. If he gets caught he will be imprisoned.
10. Unless he mends his ways, he will land himself in serious trouble.
11. Let’s go for a walk – unless you are too tired.
12. Unless she helps, we are going to be in real trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment